Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Gas hogs are beautiful but costly


Michael and I decided to part with my mom's car that she gave us when she turned in her driving privileges which by the way was easier than I thought it would be for her. Getting rid of the Buick
hasn't been as easy. Since my dad died 2 years ago this coming July the impact he had on our lives has turned with the times. Between the gas prices and the housing market we have had to
let go of not only the house but one of the last cars that he bought my mom. It has been her pride and joy especially because he bought it for her. However, with it getting 10 miles to the gallon and the gas prices soaring above $3.45 a gallon the decision was made to part with it. We only hope that the person that buys it wants to soup it up rather than run it into the ground. Sounds silly but even though it's just a hunk of metal it holds many memories which fortunately don't go with the selling price. P.S. Anyone reading this that knows my mom - please don't tell her, she'd think he died again.

No comments: