Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I will carry you - Michael W Smith

I decided to give a little "high five" to the Lord today. When I was single (31 years ago this April) I lived with a family in St. Paul. They are a wonderful Christian family that have 5 girls and many grandchildren. I have been following her story on Caringbridge because she has been struggling with bone cancer for about 4 years. She is now in hospice. Besides the pain it has now spread to her jaw and has caused her alot of pain as well as effecting her appearance. She gets discouraged but is remaining strong with the help of her friends, her family and of course, her God. I "guestbook" her since she finds encouragement from our notes of encouragement to her. For me it is the other way around. When I get frustrated or discouraged I read her notes to us of how her days are going. When she goes to the doctor she tells them "ASAP does NOT mean "as soon as possible". It means "Always Say A Prayer". Many times they are touched by her faith and humor in the midst of an impossible situation, an impossible battle, an impossible struggle, not to mention terminal. The other day she wrote Remember, "we don't know what the future holds, but we do know Who holds the future! Whether personally or from others telling her story she has been able to be Christ to so many!"
This song is especially for her but also for all of us who struggle no matter how great or small. Hopefully, this will be an encouragement for you as well! We continue to pray for Jea*nette!

No comments: