Thursday, December 24, 2009

Yes Virginia (I mean Christine) there is a Santa Claus


I visited Santa every year. I wish I could remember what I told him. Maybe it would help me to understand who I am today from what I thought was important back then. Even though Santa was important so was Jesus. Sunday school at the Lutheran church told me the real reason for the season and so I enjoyed both even though at the tender age of 8 I thought it was more fun drinking the fruit punch and coloring the baby Jesus and the three wise men. Santa was fun to because I got to spend time with my mom going downtown, riding the elevators with the lady who pulled the door across and let us out on the floor where Santa was. Then we'd go over to a place called The Forum where we had chicken pot pie and red jello. Then on to Woolworths drug store for chocolate soda's. I was in Dairy Queen awhile ago and asked for one and they didn't know what they were or how to make them. What's the world coming to??

No comments: