Sunday, March 2, 2008

And away we go

When I was a kid I use to love to look at clouds and see if I could see anything up there other than clouds like birds, UFO's, and planes. As I grew older I still enjoyed watching the 747's rise into the sky and disappear as they flew through the clouds and out of sight. Many times I would be at work or somewhere where I didn't want to be and I would wonder about where they were going and who they were. I would think "wouldn't it be fun to be flying high into the sky going somewhere that was wonderful and different and somewhere that would only take an hour or so on a plane as opposed to 5 or 6 hours by car. Those people are so lucky they can get away from the hum-drum of life and fly away to some other less stressful place". Lots of times i would wish I was them with all their money and time away from work to just "go". I share this because I just got back from 3 airplane rides in one day. I started in Greenville, Miss. at 5:30 a.m. Caught a plane to Memphis, Tenn. at 7:30 a.m. then an hour later on to Milwaukee, Wisc. at 12:30 p.m. and then hopped a plane to Minneapolis, MN. to finally arrive at 1:00 p.m. Needless to say I am ready to stay on the ground for awhile. It is interesting when something is at your disposal how easy one can no longer see it as something that you long for or think "how great that would be". It seems that the unattainable things in life are the things we crave. Possibly because we have never experienced them. Sometimes I long for that unattainable desire to be there. It tasted better than the one I have right now after spending most of my day on an airplane. Possibly because I can't imagine or dream about them as I see and hear them rising in the sky. I now know where they are going, what it's like to rise in the sky, and what it's all like.

No comments: