Friday, September 5, 2014

State Fair 2014


I LOVE cotton candy!

I did manage to go to the State Fair this year. I don't go much anymore since my feet, knees and energy is 63ish but I decided to go since I now have grandchildren and I have always believed that kids can make a mediocre experience that much better and more interesting. More interesting is probably the word I'm looking for. I went during the week (less crowds) and took with me my son Daniel and his wife Hannah.

Hannah, Daniel, Elie and Aiden


The interesting (and better!) part came in the form of Aiden and Elie. I was a a bit apprehensive anticipating a stroller, two eventually tired toddlers, and a lot of "I want" coming out of their mouths. That didn't happen as Elie doesn't talk actual words yet, although she does plenty of talking, and Aiden is SO very good at accepting things as they come. It's like he knows that his loved ones are not rich and they do the best they can at helping him have a good time with what they have. The giant slide was definitely on his list!

Daniel & Elie

And we did! Walking around and sharing with each other the stuff we wanted to see, do or eat. At one time I asked Hannah what she wanted to do next and she responded with "I don't care. I'm only here for the food". I had to laugh at that one. We all did really well not gorging ourselves on a lot of junk.







my fun purse
The highlight came when Hannah introduced me to some purses at the International Bazaar area that sold fabric purses very inexpensively and with a discount coupon in the Blue Discount Book of $8 that more than paid for the use of it. As we left the fair and headed for the car








I realized that it was one of the more pleasant and relaxing times I had had at the fair, aching feet aside.
the "fam" enjoying the fair

No comments: