Friday, October 19, 2012

SW Wisconsin - Where Else Will I Ever Go?

This year's fall trip took us to the same places for the most part. Karen came along and enjoyed the Wabasha Eagle Center the most. The pic is of the trainer with Donald who fortunately only for him he had just finished eating a rat. (eeuh!!!).  We only had a weekend but were able to cram in some sights, apple orchards and a visit with friends and relatives. The picture of us is at the Irish pub (other picture) with Michael's cousin Monsignor Ken Fiedler. That's always my favorite time on the trip. He is a very caring, wonderful man and shares alot of my and Michael's beliefs concerning the Catholic Church. Because he doesn't adhere to alot of the conservative views of the Church he sometimes minces words with the Bishop in Wisconsin. He's kind of a rebel who loves Jesus and what He stands for which is probably why I enjoy him so much.  As you can see the dog came along and did real well and even got in some squirrel watching. The last picture is my "goofy" one (I always seem to be in the right place for these). It was raining that day and while walking the dog this lady was wiping down her mailbox. I mean really, the mailbox???? in the rain no less???? Anyway, enjoy the pics.






Gays Mills - All the orchards are around this area
The Irish Pub we ate in

Karen, Fr Ken, me and Michael
Lady cleaning her mailbox in the rain. Don't ask me to explain it. I can't

 













No comments: