Saturday, October 27, 2012

Cristina & Christine

Just a short post about a fun event. I always love a parade and feel the same way about parties. I was at work this past Friday and a friend from my past (I visit him and his family in Owatonna once a year) called me and asked if I was going to Cristina's 60th birthday party. I said that I knew she was having one but I thought it was invitation only. He said it was most everyone on her Facebook page and he had already told her I was coming. Did I forget to mention I love parties. I told him "wow! I'll run home after I get off work, change clothes, grab the hubby and meet you there!" The rest is history. Just for background info most of the people there were from a Christian community I was in back in the 70s and most of them except for Cristina I hadn't seen in 20 years. I figured I wouldn't worry about looking 20 years older because we all did. They all knew me before and after I was married and we had all left the Christian community and had moved on to new adventures as we grew up and older.  Cristina, being spanish had her friends and family cook up a authentic mexican meal with all the trimmings. It was a wonderful way to spend a Friday night. Did I mention I love a party!!!!

Cristina & Christine

No comments: