Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's a Dog's World


A friend of mine was wondering about my dog. She does'nt have Facebook and can't get over much but does read my blog so I thought I'd give her an update as well as those of you that are dog lovers (and/or don't have Facebook).
Bandit is now 5 months old to the day. He has accomplished much. Being still a puppy he has managed to eat one library book, 3 shoes (thankfully old discarded ones) and chewed off the plastic dial tht controls the heat level on my electric blanket (now that I'm in menopause I rarely use it). On the up-side he is sleeping until 6:30 rather than the 3:00 a.m. whine, he loves carrots which, thankfully are cheaper than rawhide chews at Petco and he has a personal attendant by the name of Manon that will come over at the drop of a hat most days and play with him. She also takes care of him when I'm at work since he is a "kennel" boy and I don't let him stay in his "home" for more than 4 hours at a time. His best friend is Geordi a little dog that wears a shock collar and never sees the outside of his own yard so I take Bandit over there to run in Geordi's fenced in yard. His other friend is Sophie, my oldest son's dog who is 3 times Bandit's size which makes no difference to Bandit. Confidence is his middle name and fear is not even in the picture. Just like the kids out there he starts school next month to learn how to NOT take me for a walk but the other way around, some wonderful manners that include words like "wait" and "off", and hopefully some much needed energy run-off 'cause he has WAY to much!

No comments: