Wednesday, March 3, 2010

On My Honor


I was on my way to Target the other night when my mom called me and said that there was a scout troup visiting Mainstreet and could I come over and enjoy meeting them with her. I didn't want to go thinking "I got too many other things to do" but thinking about all the friends I have that no longer have their mothers anymore I decided to humor her and join the girls for a visit. When I got there there were about 12 9-yr-olds in the dining room eating what else, Girl Scout cookies and talking with the elderly ladies that had come in to see them. So cute, I almost forgot how cute a 9 yr-old can be. It happened that they were from the same troup I had been in, meeting at Woodlake Lutheran Church where I use to hide in the pews from the leader (I have never liked being in a controlled environment). I enjoyed answering their questions and asking them to tell me about all their badges and trips to camp. They were so full of life with their bright little faces and the whole world before them. It turned out to be alot of fun. My mom enjoyed "showing me off" like when I was a kid and we all "scarfed" down Thin Mints and Lemon Savannahs. Those were the days! The lady in the middle has been a Girl Scout for 40 years - still on the roster. Sorry the picture isn't any clearer. I'm still learning how to take pictures with my phone:(

No comments: