Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Little Bit of Everything


I have never been a very good quilter but found out recently that I favor abilities in applique and hand work. I recently took a batik quilt piece I had done and decided to turn it into a wall hanging for my mom. Her apartment has all white walls and needed something besides pictures. I added beadwork, applique, and some cross-stitch hearts to it and turned it into something a little different. I was pleased with my finished product and had fun watching the Olympics while attaching my various beads. The turquise ones were actually a necklace I bought real cheap at J.C. Penny's that I broke and added to some other beads to bring a larger color balance to the beadwork and the star in the upper L corner is my applique piece that shows up in various places throughout the quilt.

No comments: