Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Camp Lebanon - one of my "favorite things"!


There's no "raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens" but Camp Lebanon is one of my favorite "things". It is located north of St. Cloud and is a year-round Christian camp and retreat center dedicated to providing a 'Meeting Place with God' for children, youth, families and adults. I go to quilt (sometimes). This time I started a quilt using Batik fabric called Log Cabin Windows. The camp averages at least 75 to 100+ women each weekend that come and quilt, cross stitch and scrapbook. I personally go to play cards and sleep on a hard mattress. Makes you appreciate your own bed back at home, otherwise you'd never leave, it's that great. Most of all I enjoy playing Hand and Foot with friends, a card game much like Canasta.

No comments: