Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Memphis Minus Elvis


This past weekend Northwest Airlines sponsored an overnight trip to the Memphis Zoo.
At first I thought it was a strange idea but after my visit to the Zoo I was extremely impressed and would recommend it to everyone even though we got there after 5:00 p.m. They had live bands, rides, a tram that took you all around the zoo sites, and a wonderful assortment of zoo animals including two pandas from China. All looked very well cared for amidst lovely grounds and walking paths. The architecture of the buildings was wonderful.

One of my favorite places was the building with all the alligators, lizards, and snakes. This picture is 11 year old Lola. She rests on this railing alot and they say it's one of her favorite places. They also let her roam the grounds (with assistance, I'm sure).
All in all we had a great time, stayed overnight at the nearby Holiday Inn and returned home the next day. One of my personal favorite times of the trip was visiting after returning to the hotel with Michael and one of his co-workers even though it was sooooo late. Thanks Jill! It was a personal favorite time. I definitely plan on returning sometime soon.

No comments: